You are what you eat. You can’t escape it. Eat clean, whole and natural, and you get a healthy body. Eat crappy, artificial, synthetic, GMO’d, toxic things, and you get sick - really, really sick - the kind of sick that destroys your life, dramatically increases aches and pains, and accelerates disease. But there is still hope for you yet. Below are three basic changes you can make to your nutrition that will turn your body around at a cellular level and radically transform your health.
1. Change Your Fats
Remove the BAD FATS, and replace them with GOOD FATS. Fats are either the most important nutrients you eat or the most detrimental. All fats aren't bad, and all fats don't make you fat. Bad fat makes you fat, and the inability to burn fat makes you fat. You are made of hundreds of millions of cells, and each cell's outer layer is fat. The fat is either anti-inflammatory and healthy or pro-inflammatory and harmful.
Fat is a vital nutrient for health in the human body. This is important to understand because if we look at the health of your cells, we can understand the overall health of your body.
- Bad fats like hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils, trans fats, and vegetable oils, are linked to cellular inflammation and can lead to cancer, chronic fatigue and neurotoxic problems.
- Bad fats are linked to chronic inflammation, which is the key to Heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc. They are the leading causes of death in the United States, and inflammation is at the root.
- Good fats are the most lacking nutrient in the Standard American Diet (SAD), not vitamins and minerals.
- Good fats are essential to hormone production, cancer prevention, brain development, weight loss, cellular healing, and anti-inflammation.
- Good fats help you burn fat. Bad fats make you fat and sick.
Start introducing fats through avocados, nuts, seeds, coconut milk, coconut flakes, extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil. However, the food you are going to consume the most fats from are your meats.
2. Change Your Meats
Change the MEATS that you EAT. Science has proven that animals raised in their natural habitats are naturally healthier to eat. Cows, fish and chickens that are raised eating corn are not healthy. Just like humans, their bodies are not meant to eat starchy carbs that quickly convert to sugar. But, corn is cheap and fattens up the animal which translates into more money for the farming industry.
- There are hundreds of studies that link commercial meats with cancer and heart disease.
- Grain fed to animals created to eat grass changes fatty acid ratios and denatures good fats, leading to modern day disease.
- The bioaccumulation of commercial pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, and hormones in meats are far higher than what you receive from commercial vegetables. This leads to many cancers, toxic fat which causes weightloss resistance and many other chronic illness.
- Grass fed and free range meats offer many fatty acids missing in the Standard American Diet (SAD) such as: arachidonic acid, congegated-linoleic acid (CLA), and the proper ratio of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids.
So what should you do? Eat meat the is local, and fed the way wild animals are.
- Beef – 100% GrassFed
- Fish – Wild
- Chicken – Free Range Organic
- Avoid Pork completely
3. Eliminate All Refined Sugar
Remove ALL Processed grains and Refined SUGARS from your diet. Yes, this includes white rice, white pasta, and white bread. These processed grains convert to sugar in the body, and they will raise glucose and insulin levels the same as sucrose, fructose or any other “ose”.
The average American consumes upward of 53 tablespoons of sugar per day! 100 years ago the average American family wouldn’t consume even one tablespoon of sugar a day. In fact, an entire four person family would consume only about 5 pounds of sugar per year. Now the average American child will consume that every 5 days!
- One-third of sugar consumption comes from soft drinks, while two-thirds of our sugar intake comes from hidden sources, including lunch meats, pizza, sauces, breads, soups, crackers, fruit drinks, canned foods, yogurt, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc.
- High glycemic or refined sugars cause elevated glucose, which elevates insulin, leading to premature aging and degenerative diseases such as type II diabetes, heart disease (inflammation of the arteries), and cancer.
- Sugar is an anti-nutrient offering insignificant amounts of vitamins and minerals and robbing your body of precious nutrient stores. This inevitably leads to diseases of the new millennium, such as chronic fatigue, ADD, ADHD, heart disease, diabetes, and cancers.
- Remember refined sugars unnaturally spike and elevate levels of insulin and leptin. Prolonged spiking/elevation of insulin and leptin lead to insulin and leptin resistance. Insulin and leptin resistance cause diabetes and weight loss resistance or the inability to burn fat for energy, respectively.
Humans can live without sugar. It's not that it is inherently bad its just the sheer volume of it that we consume in the US. So start eliminating all refined sources to lower your inflammation levels systemically.
You have to ask yourself if you want to eat whats cheapest or whats healthiest because you are what you eat. The choice is yours.